A research conducted recently states that YouTube is the second most popular search engine after Google. Even if I doubt the validity of this research, I however cannot overlook the fact that the more varied your online content is the better for your business. Videos are an interesting way to engage your customers. If you have a video that is well made, it has the potential of going viral and generating hundreds of views. Humor plays a key role in videos going viral. In certain businesses however, getting a video channel in place might be difficult considering the mundane and business-like nature of the industry. However if given a little thought, generating content for making a video for such businesses might not be that difficult. You never know just a little bit of out-of-the-box thinking and a dash of humor may do wonders for your business!
Assuming that you have the necessary content for your video, herein I would like to share some basic tips to optimize your video.
- Keyword Research: This is the foundation step for optimizing your video on YouTube. Use Google Adwords along with YouTube Keyword research tool to get insights into various suitable keywords for your video.
- Title Tag/ Description/Tags: Once you have zeroed in on your keyword list, use them in your title tag,description and tags. Remember that search algorithms cannot read videos. The only way your YouTube video will come up in related search would be through the keywords you have used to optimize it. Also consider dropping your url (Home /Landing Page) in the description to get backlinks.
- Video Transcripts: Spiders cannot read Flash files. Feed the spider by giving a transcript of your entire video.
- Thumbnails: YouTube gives you the choice of choosing a thumbnail for your video. Make a wise choice as this would determine if your video is clicked or not.
- Allow comments: Allow comments and feedbacks on your video. The more people talk about your video, the better. However moderate the comments that are displayed
- Embed the video in your web site: Place a link on your site pointing to your YouTube video. If your site gets enough traffic, it would help in getting more traffic and more page views for your video.
- Connect with other videos: Link to other related videos on YouTube by dropping a link of your video in their comment section. However avoid spamming.
- Share your video on social channel: Share your videos on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The more the buzz, the better!
If you want to affordable & result oriented services then visit Website Designing Company Delhi